Creative Writing Contest 2024
Students are invited to compete in ABC’s Creative Writing Contest! Join the fun and win fantastic prizes!
- Inspire students’ imagination and creativity
- Promote English writing skills
- Cultivate interest in writing
- Learn to appreciate others’ work
- Provide opportunities to showcase English talent, giving children recognition
- Registration Deadline
February 23, 2024, 5pm
- Results announced
March 11, 2024
For 2024, ABC Pathways is celebrating the theme of ‘Growth’, throughout our schools. We are inviting you to participate in our first-ever creative writing challenge, centred around the concept of ‘growth’.
Let your imagination flourish and create a fiction story that explores the idea of growth in your own unique way. In your story, the setting (where and when your story takes place), the characters (the people or animals in your story), and the plot (the storyline) are all up to you! If you’re looking for some inspiration, check out the titles below for some story ideas.
(Please select one of the following titles)
Your story must be about ‘Growth’, and could be based on one of the following titles：
- Your entry must be handwritten.
- You need to write a fiction story, one that is made up by you.
(Do not write a persuasive paragraph or create a non-fiction project).
- You must write it by yourself! Do not ask a parent or teacher to edit your story.
- Your story must be about ‘Growth’
- You must stick to the word limit for your age group. Please state your word count.
- Please give your story a title.
- Scan or take a picture of your story, then upload it as a pdf, jpg, jpeg, png to the below registration form.
Holiday course cash voucher
- Judge — Teacher Stephen Hughes：Author of ABC Pathways’ Textbook “Creative Writing”
Entries will be judged on:
- Use of imagination
- The flow of the writing
- Use of the theme
- Spelling and grammar
Marks out of 100 will be awarded across five criteria:
- Adherence to guidelines
- Spelling and grammar
Advice for writers
Contest judge, Stephen Hughes, author of ABC Pathways’ textbook “Creative Writing”, offers these tips:
Did you know that even professional authors need a plan when writing a story? They follow “The Writing Process”, which is:
- Prewrite and Plan
- First Draft
So, before you get started on your entry, try making a mind map of your ideas. This way, you can get everything in order and use only your best ideas! Also, make sure you have a great introduction- this is the part that needs to get the reader’s attention right away!
Creative Writing course (by ABC Pathways School)
ABC Pathways School is a professional English language school committed to providing a “stress-free + highly effective” curriculum. With branches located throughout Hong Kong, Kowloon, and the New Territories, we offer professional English courses for children aged 2 to 17.
Learners are assessed and taught based on ability, and are given appropriate challenges that elicit their full potential.
Winners will be announced here…
Terms and Conditions:
- Entries submitted for the competition must be the original work of the contestant. Assistance from third parties in writing or editing the entry is not permitted. If it is found that the entry was not created solely by the contestant, they will be disqualified and this disqualification will be publicly announced.
- By entering the competition, all participants agree that the organiser may use their submissions for display and promotional purposes across various media channels.
- All prizes are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, non-returnable, and cannot be redeemed for cash or other prizes.
- I understand and agree that ABC Pathways Group and its affiliated data processing companies may use my personal data (including but not limited to name, phone number, and email address) to contact me via WhatsApp, SMS, email, fax, direct call, or other forms of communication, regarding student-related and course promotion matters.
- The Company reserves the right to the final interpretation of these terms and conditions and retains the final decision-making authority in disputes and any issues related to this offer.
- We reserve the right to change the terms and conditions of this event without prior notice. In the event of any disputes, the ABC Pathways Group reserves the right to make the final decision.